Think of leather as your extra layer of skin. Treat it right and it will look stunning for many years.
Leather is a marvelous and versatile material. A great thing about leather is that it’ll develop character and patina over time which will bring soul to your leather product.
For an in-depth cleaning of leather we recommend professional dry cleaning.
Before you take your leather jacket in use, impregnate it with a protect spray. You should use the protect spray 2-3 times yearly. The spray provides protection of the leather from moisture, dirt, grease and oils. It will refresh the color and shine. Click here to buy the spray.
Use a leather cream to restore the great look of your leather jacket. It's very easy to use. Apply the cream to a dry cloth and rub it into the leather. Let your jacket dry on a hanger over night. If the jackets color is very faded you should use a colored leather cream.
We recommend you regularly use this cream on your leather. Click here to buy the leather cream.
- Leather jackets should be kept dry. Avoid wearing it in rainy weather. If it does get wet, hang it to dry in a well ventilated room.
- Never dry your leather with a tumble dryer or hair dryer.
- Never leave your jacket folded for a long time. Use a hanger and hang it correctly.
- Keep your jacket away from heat, so the leather doesn’t dry out.
- Don't hang your leather jacket in a packed closet. Your jacket needs air to breathe.
- You can clean spots with a slightly damp cloth.
- For suede products use a suede brush to brush off dirt and dust.
Click here to shop leather care products.
MDK leather types
We use a variety of leather materials in order to make the best products. Regular lamb, thin lamb, regular cow, heavy cow and suede leather.
Most of our products are made of genuine lamb leather. It's widely known for its soft, delicate and light material, which makes it really comfortable to wear. The leather is finely grained which makes the leather look smooth.
We use regular lamb leather and thin lamb leather.
- Regular is what most of our classic jackets are made of. The material is perfect if you want a smooth and elegant look. Check out the City Biker Leather Jacket.
- Thin is delicate and stretchy. The thin style is used for jackets, dresses and shirts. Our thin jackets can be worn indoors and in warmer weather. Check out the Seattle New Thin Leather Jacket.
Cow leather is firm, durable and long-lasting. This leather type is heavier and stiffer than lamb leather. Cow leather is heavy grained which easily can be seen on the surface.
We use regular cow leather and heavy cow leather.
- Regular is heavier than lamb leather but smoother and lighter than heavy cow leather.
- Heavy is traditionally used for making motorcycle jackets because of the thick and protective material. It's firm and heavy to wear. Check out the Seattle Cow Leather Jacket.
Suede is more sensitive than other leather types. It’s made from the underside of the animal skin. Suede is not as strong and durable as other leather types. Our suede is made from genuine lamb leather. Check out the Viola Suede Jacket.